So for this project, we had to pick a topic within the Unity and Diversity topic, we have chosen Stereotypical Teenagers. Our documentary is based around Unity and Diversity within NHC.
What I found out about Unity;
- Unity is about understanding within the community.
- Everyone should be treated with respect. “Treat everyone how you wish to be treated.”
- Unity is about you having a say in the kind of community you want to be part of.
What I found out about Diversity;
- The concept of Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique and recognising our individual differences.
- These can be along; dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, social economic status, age, and physical abilities, religious and political beliefs or other Ideologies.
- It is exploration of these differences in a safe, positive and nurturing environment
- It’s about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity contained in each individual.
We had to research both Unity and Diversity for part of our research. I feel that to understand what both Unity and Diversity is, you can get a better feel to what our documentary contains.